The human resource department, including its roles and configuration, can vary widely from company to company. This variation can be a function of the size of the company, the industry of the company, and the strategic placement of human resources.
- Considering this, please address the following prompts in your discussion on one page.
- Is there a minimum level or configuration for the human resources department? How does this minimum level vary based on the size of the organization and industry?
- After acknowledging this minimum level, is the organization missing out on benefits that could be had with a larger or more active department? Is there a point of diminishing returns?
- Define what you think it means for an organization to manage its human resources.
- How does effective human resource management contribute to a company’s success?
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.