Option #1: Analyzing Leadership Decisions Outline
For this Portfolio Project milestone, develop a 2-page outline of your proposed topics and subtopics. Then, identify the decision-making processes used, or any additional factors that might have led to ineffective decision making. Be sure to critique any processes used. Next, describe and justify two to three recommendations for different approaches that could have been taken. Lastly, identify potential theories that may be relevant to your Portfolio Project topic.
Be sure to review the Portfolio Project in Module 8 and the rubric for this milestone for details regarding the project requirements.
PROJECT MODULE 8 REVIEW :Option #1: Analyzing Leadership Decisions
For this option, your final Portfolio Project is a thoughtful analysis of an ineffective or poor leadership decision. You may use a well-known leadership decision, such as the 2011 decision to split Netflix, which resulted in serious financial losses for the organization. Your project must include the following:
- Research a leadership decision that was ineffective or did not have the desired results.
- Describe the problem that may have precipitated the decision, as well as the apparent processes used by the leaders involved in the decision-making effort. Use terms from this course.
- Critique the processes they implemented, applying what you learned from this course.
- Recommend a different approach that could have been taken, using theories and methodologies from this course.
- Present a strong case for how your recommendations could have altered the decision made, leading to more effective results for the organization.
- Use theory from this course to support your evaluation, critique, and recommendations.