Continuing with the scenario from Assignment 1, imagine that you have been hired as the Manager of Human Resources for the acute care hospital. Your first task is to create a set of policies and procedures to ensure that the organization’s HRM processes are aligned with the organization’s goals and objectives. You are also responsible for completing a hiring plan, training plan, compensation and benefits plan, and a performance appraisal.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Examine a significant way that the Joint Commission has influenced the basic functions of HRM and predict the likely impact of the policies and procedures at the your acute hospital. Provide support for your rationale.
- Analyze the importance of collaboration between HR and department managers when filling open positions, indicating the most likely impact on the hiring process.
- Create a detailed outline of a training program for managers. The outline should include, at a minimum, interviewing techniques that both help managers identify the best candidate for the job and meet the requirements of appropriate employment laws and regulations.
- Determine the most significant factor that should be considered in order to develop a compensation and benefit plan that is fair, competitive, and aligned with the organization’s strategic objectives, indicating the direct impact of each factor on the elements.
- Recommend a performance appraisal method that you believe would be the most effective for the organization and support the reasons for your decision. Provide support for your recommendation.
- Create a strategy to effectively manage both performance- and behavioral-based employee problems, which will lead to the desired behavior result.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.