Week 10 Discussion Option 1
Social Security and Medicare and how the actually work Please respond to the following:
- Based on the scenario and the knowledge gained from this section, address the following:
- Identify at least two changes that may occur for Social Security and Medicare benefits in the next 20 years. Then, describe key policies that the U.S. government could implement in order to ensure positive changes for Social Security and Medicare benefits based on your prediction.
- How was Social Security intended to work versus how it currently works?
- What are some alternatives to Social Security?
- How Social Security is designed to function, a historical background to Social Security, and the differences between what Social Security is and is not.